Sunday, August 24, 2008

Ode to Nala



The other day, I had to have our sweet little Nala put to sleep. She was the best cat I had ever had over the past 40 years of cats. She followed me around the house, played well and we really connected. Okay, I know she was just a cat but I loved her dearly.

For some reason, she started having "potty" issues and I could not tolerate it. I really did try to figure it all out but couldn't. Very furstrating. No one would want an indoor cat that has a bladder problem. Thank goodness it contained to one room that is vacant.

I bawled like a baby which suprised me. I thought I was tougher than that. I lost "my little shadow" and my morning buddy. She used to love to sit with me while I read my scriptures in the morning and we'd "argue" about the little ribbon -- what a fascination for her.

I"m taking a little break from kitties for a while, but not forever.............

3 comments:

  1. My condolensces to you! I lost my cat around Christmas and it was devastating. I'll tell you why she was mine sometime in person. I wrenches the heart for sure. My Mother said I used to take doll clothes and dress up my cats and put them in a stroller when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty kitty. Sorry to hear about her passing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, sorry to hear about your beautiful kitty. Sounds like you lost a good friend.

    ReplyDelete